Friday 19 October 2007

Day 6

I wasn't sure if the gentleman tapping me on the shoulder was in fancy-dress or not. He was wearing a large sombrero, a colourful poncho, well worn jeans and cowboy boots with spurs that jingled when he walked. He also had a tanned face (weather worn) a large bushy moustache and pearly white teeth when he smiled. His accent sure sounded Spanish so I was torn, are you a real Mexican I asked him. He laughed and replied of course I am and shaking my hand firmly said I am Juan Sanite from Guadalajara in Mexico! He pronounced it Me-he-co, I still wasn't sure.

He said if I liked he would try and convince me he was Mexican by telling me a little about his country and why he was so far from home, I followed him back up the stairs and to a vacant table. As we sat down two other men came over towards us, Juan hissed something at them and they flounced off. Juan was castigating his landlord for sending the rent boys to find him and he scowled at them then he turned to me and smiled. I couldn't hear what he was saying due to the music and his accent so he had to pull his chair close and get right up to my ear. He had his hand resting on my thigh and complemented me on my package. I should open a Virgin concession here I told him, he didn't think it was a good idea!

He told me he was from a village near La Predad de Cabadas a town south west of Guadalajara, a village with a serious problem. They were losing all the young men and had no-one left to work the fields, bring in the harvest and tend to the livestock. Soon their village would be gone! He wiped a tear from his eye, they are being kidnapped by rsbandits he told me. I had no idea what an rsbandit was and he looked at me strangely when I told him as much then he seemed to twig. Rs! He said is because they are Really Scary, Really Scary Bandits!

He told me that he had come to England for help. He was looking for a savior. A man brave, strong, clever and cunning to out-wit the rsbandits and bring the young men home. I told him I was his man!

He hugged me tightly, kissed both my cheeks and hard on the lips then toasted my health just as the curtains pulled back to reveal twelve inch Jack! I COULD see him from the back of the hall!

I'm off to the station to pick up Juan, more tomorrow!

4 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Hmmmm....think you'd better ask an adult's permission before agreeing to anything Christian!

DJ Kirkby said...

Sorry, that last comment probably seemed a bit mean. It wasn't intended like that, I just am not sure if you are telling a real story or what... I have put a link up to you on my blog btw.

raine said...

I'm intrigued...

Christian said...

DJ; Thanks for the link and I am an adult and think I know what I'm doing.

Rain; Thanks for visiting and I'm intrigued too!