Thursday 18 October 2007

Day 5

So I entered the club with one eye on my package, the other on my backside and the lime green penis glowing on my hand.

To enter the main part of the club I had to walk up a flight of stairs which took me up to where the upper circle would have been. This was cleared of seats and now took on the appearance of a terrace with tables and overlooking the dance floor and stage. I walked over to the railings to look for my friends and couldn't see them, what I could see was impressive though.

There were two sets of stairs running down against the wall from the terrace to the ground floor and ultimately the dance floor. On the walls either side of the dance floor were two long bars both full with thirsty dancers waiting patiently for the sequin clad barmen to fill their order. On the wall directly in front of the dance floor was the stage, this was presently obscured by huge velvet curtains. To one side of the stage was a DJ hard at work encouraging the dancers back on the floor and to the other side were two suspended metal cages. Both cages had scantily clad men in them dancing enthusiastically to the sound of a toe tapping tune. I was starting to feel overdressed and really needed a drink.

As I headed down the stairs to the nearest bar it felt like everybody was looking at me. Somebody shouted something which I couldn't hear over the music and another wolf whistled, the place erupted in laughter. I looked around to see what was funny and must have missed it as I could see nothing. I walked to the bar and waved a £10 note in the direction of a barman to attract his attention, eventually one came. I asked him for a half of bitter shandy and he told me it would cost more than a tenner for a hand shandy. I nodded and smiled as if I knew what he was talking about and asked again. He shook his head walked off then came back with a bottle of Corona, jammed a slice of lime in the top, said close enough, took my tenner and disappeared. While I was waiting for him to come back a man tapped me on the shoulder and said hey gringo you like the Mexican beer?

This was Juan!

3 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Good gawd you sure are naive!

katy said...

i thought i was naive but nope not anymore lol

Christian said...

You think I'm naive? I've never seen myself that way though thinking about it I remember a few guys at the club saying something about seeing me coming or something like that anyway!