Wednesday 17 October 2007

Day 4

Got an appointment at the doctors on Friday for Typhoid and Hepatitis A jabs, didn't need a tetanus because I'm all up to date. I made an important purchase yesterday, one I'm really going to need if I'm to keep this journal up and running when we get to Mexico. I had a chat with a nice guy in the Computer Shack in the High Street and he helped me a lot. To be able to get on the Internet with my computer well away from a phone line I need GPS or PAL or DIK or something. Anyway, Billy sorted me out with a package which he says should suit me fine. I got a new lap-top which connects to a new mobile phone which finds a satellite so I can get on the Internet. Also two spare batteries an in-car charger and because I spent over £3000 he threw in a cool carry case!

Then Juan rang, he's coming back on Friday. He's had some funding problems but has some ideas to talk to me about when he get here. I told him about the new stuff I'd bought and he didn't seem very happy and was even less enthusiastic about my online journal. He told me he didn't want me to do it and take the equipment back. I put my foot down and told him if I couldn't blog then I wasn't going, he changed his mind then. He must have dropped his cup at this point because he cursed and said something about not losing another mug then hung up.

I was going to get you up to speed with the nightclub but I'll have to do that tomorrow as I have to go and pick up my lap-top. My next post will be from there! Woo Hoo!

3 comments:

katy said...

lol he must have dropped his cup!
sounds like a good laptop with all its toys, hope the jabs go ok ouch

DJ Kirkby said...

The laptop sounds great. Didn't the salesman tell you that you can blog from a mobile phone too?

Christian said...

Her Indoors; I'm not sure that's funny he could have scalded himself. The laptop's great and the jab will be ok I'm not scared of a little prick!

DJ; I think someone's pulling your leg!