Wednesday 24 October 2007

Day 11

I've been shopping today and bought all my stuff for the trip. Compré un español al diccionario inglés! I hope this means; I bought an Spanish to English dictionary. I think this is going to be my most important buy as I'll want to know what's going on without having to rely on Juan all the time.

The other stuff I bought was mainly clothes and boots, also a rucksack and a sleeping bag. Juan says that although it's very hot during the day at night it gets very cold and I need to be prepared. He said to get some good walking boots not shoes in case I stand on a snake and it bites my ankle. Yuck snakes, I can't stand them and I had never thought about them until now! Do they have spiders in Mexico, I can't stand them either. He told me to see if I could get my hands on some flares it would be a good idea but he can lump that, I got the tightest drainpipes I could to stop the snakes getting up my trouser legs!

I also bought a large holdall to put the religious artifacts in, man that's one heavy bag. I'm meeting Juan in the morning to go over our plan and anything else that needs doing.

Adiós para ahora. (Goodbye for now.)

4 comments:

katy said...

hope the holdall doesnt get searched at the airpot that would take some explaining!

DJ Kirkby said...

Never mind snakes and spiders, you'd better worry about getting through customs x-ray machines with your holdall!

DJ Kirkby said...

Lol, HI, mummy minds think alike!

Christian said...

I'm not worried about that it's only some religious artifacts. They'd be stupid to make a fuss over them!