Tuesday 23 October 2007

Day 10

I met Juan yesterday at 'Slots r Us' (it has a backwards r but I don't know how to do it) in the High Street. There is a cafe' in there at the back behind all the slot machines and we found a table in the corner out of the way of everyone.

Juan had an all day breakfast and I had a cup of tea. As he munched on his bacon he gave me an envelope. I started to open it but he told me not to as it was just a list of things I would need to buy for our trip, I tucked it into my shirt pocket. He wanted me to look at the list later, now he wanted to talk about the flight. I was a bit confused as I thought we would fly directly into Mexico.

Juan had other plans!

I didn't really understand most of it but this is what he told me; the RSbandits were after him as they thought him a threat to their industry and, because they had influence in high places including the police, military and politics we would have to be careful how we entered the country. We couldn't fly directly to Mexico as this was to dangerous we would have to fly to New York then take an internal flight to San Antonio in Texas. Once we arrived in San Antonio we would be met by members of his family and smuggled across the border into Mexico under the cover of darkness.

After he'd eaten we went a few doors down to the travel agents and bought the tickets. We leave on Friday! I am sooooo excited!!

4 comments:

toby said...

Can't decide if this is a Python type odyssey with extra lube and double entendres or if Christian is reminiscing from his padded cell, like Catcher in the Rye?!

I would call it Dali-esque in style :)

Christian said...

T; Thanks for your visit and your kind words.

DJ Kirkby said...

Smuggling you both INTO Mexico? Okaaaay...you have any idea how unpleasant that is going to be? Better say goodbye to your daily diary entry the whole time you are being smuggled across the border! They arent going to let you stop to blog! Are you sure you really know what you are getting yourself into?

Christian said...

DJ; I'm sooooooo excited! I'm sure there are times when I won't be able to post a blog but am going to try and do one everyday. Juan has promised I can and he will look after me when we get there.