Tuesday 30 October 2007

Day 17

I was going to get you up to date on the last few days while on the airplane but as soon as it took off I fell asleep and only woke when I was told to fasten my seat belt. Luckily Juan was there to meet me at the airport, he'd been camped out there the last couple of days. He had fled New York when they arrested me but was sure I'd turn up sometime. He looked relieved and exhausted in equal measures.

We took a taxi to a nearby Motel and quickly filled each other in on what had been happening during the short car journey. It turns out that Juan's family had been to meet him in San Antonio but had no choice but to return to Guadalajara and await his instructions. We were going to have to wait for a week or so before they would be able to come back for us. I was not to upset by this news as it would give me some time to acclimatise and recharge my batteries. Juan was not as happy!

The Motel is nice and has an outdoor swimming pool which I might try out tomorrow. There are lots of bars and restaurants nearby, Juan wants to go out for a drink but I'm so tired, maybe tomorrow. I'm more concerned where I'm going to sleep as there is only one bed in the room Juan says we have to share and is keen on something called; el cucharear (spooning). Whatever that is?

1 comment:

DJ Kirkby said...

You got arrested?!!!